Monday 2 April 2012

Reality TV

I'm quite a fan of reality TV (Survivor, The Biggest Loser, Dancing With The Stars, The Celebrity Apprentice and my favourite My Kitchen Rules), but I'm so over people complaining about the outcome (both participants and the audience). There has been a bit of a furor this week after Leigh and Jennifer beat Nic and Rocco in the grand final of My Kitchen Rules. In all honesty I did want the boys to win - but as far as suggestions that the result was rigged - I don't think so. The thing is, MKR is not a popularity contest, it's a cooking show. Why would so many renowned chefs put their professional reputations on the line to vote one particular way? Looking at the results I can understand that the girls compiled something that was more challenging than the boys. Sure the boys were more likable, but on the night they didn't quite make the same standard. Then the next night A Current Affair has a story about the show and the supposed 'cheating' that goes on in the background to make it more appealing to the audience, as well as 'biased' editing. Here's the thing people, when you sign up for a reality show, the producers can use any footage they like. So the key would be, if you don't want to come across looking horrible, don't say or do anything horrible and it won't be possible fodder for casting you as a villain!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah the reality of reality TV is that anything filmed can be used. So be careful what you say!!

    ReplyDelete